2019 Club Competition Schedule
*WCB uses the 2015 BJCP style guidlines*
- Session and Saison - March
- Session = <4%ABV, any style that fits *except sours* but including experimental 34C.
- Saison 25B.
- Iron Brewer - June
- Mystery ingredient revealed March.
- Dark and strong - August
- >20SRM, OG1.060.
6C, 9A-C, 10C, 15C, 16s, 20s, 21B2/D, 23C, 26D, 34C.
- Meads, ciders and 'wines - November
- All the Ms, Cs, 17D, 22C, D.
- Only WCB Members may enter club competitions.
- A minimum of 1.5L required for People’s Choice.
- A minimum of 2 x bottles (ideally 330mL) required for BJCP competition.
- Bottle lids must be labelled with entry number, plus print the entry ID label from the competition site.
- Up to two entries per brewer, per competition, but only one (the highest scoring) is eligible for certificates and prizes.
- Brewers can enter either or both People’s Choice and BJCP competitions.
- The People’s Choice, or most popular entry, will receive a certificate and a prize.
- The final 3 beers in the Best-of-Show round (if held) will receive place certificates. Otherwise, certificates will go to the three highest scoring beers.
- The annual Club Champion Brewer will receive two trophies: one to keep and one to hold for the year.
- To be eligible for Club Champion Brewer you must enter a minimum of three club competitions per calendar year.
- The Club Champion Brewer is based on the average of a brewer’s three highest scoring entries, in different competitions, per calendar year.